At Spirit Fashion we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
- what information we collect when you use the Spirit website (the “Site”), when you communicate with us, or when you visit one of our stores
- how we use your information
- how we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- ur approach to sensitive personal information
- what options you have to control your information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss this with us or have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
This Site is run by Hartmoor Fashion Ltd t/as “Spirit Fashion”. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as amended or superseded, Spirit Fashion is the “controller” of the personal information collected through the Site, by phone or in the Spirit store.
How we collect information from you
1. Information we collect when you visit our Site
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- place an order through our Site;
- fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback, enter a competition or respond to a survey;
- subscribe to our mailing list.
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.);
- we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available.
2. Information we collect in our stores: We will collect personal information that you provide to us in our stores when you:
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- Become a loyalty customer
- enter a competition or respond to a survey.
3. Information we collect when you contact us: We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, email, or via social media.
How we use your information
We will use your information in the following ways:
1. For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- to fulfil any order that you place with us;
- to collect payment from you;
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically;
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interests.
2. Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to administer and monitor our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to;
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services;
- to administer competitions that you have entered;
4. If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- we will process details of your previous transactions and contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to merchandise you have purchased (however we never store your payment details);
- if you have consented to us doing so, we will send you tailored offers or other information we believe will be of interest;
- You have the option to unsubscribe from our emails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you.
If you want to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How we share your information
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function; for example Royal Mail who assist us with fulfilling deliveries.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
- In the event that you add items to your basket but do not complete a transaction, we may send you an email to remind you that there are items in your basket.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with trusted non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your email address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your email but still enables linking between your social media presence and our website. Your personal information may be transmitted to countries outside of the EEA, such as the United States for certain service providers such as Facebook. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transmitted, please contact email@example.com if you would like to make a request.